whooping cough in infants, respiratory It is one of the diseases. It is a contagious disease. As seen in newborns, it can also be seen in children between the ages of 10 and 15 years. to this disease Bordetella pertussiscause bacteria.
What are the 3 stages of whooping cough disease?
whooping coughThe three stages of the disease are:
- Upper respiratory tract infection (catarrhal stage): It is the stage in which low-grade fever, chills and cough are observed. It occurs in the middle of 1-2 weeks.
- Severe coughing fits (paroxysmal stage): It is the stage that passes with coughing fits that come at night and last a long time. It remains in this phase for a period in the middle of 2 to 4 weeks.
- Recovery period: It is the stage in which the person’s coughing fits decrease. In addition, with this phase, the person gradually begins to return to normal.
What are the symptoms of whooping cough?
Some of the symptoms of whooping cough are:
- Difficulty breathing
- coughing fits
- Sound during inhalation when there is not enough air in the lungs.
- cessation of breathing at certain periods
- Appearance of facial redness.