mouth sores in babies It is one of the most common problems. Mouth sores, called thrush, can make a baby fussy and uncomfortable. These canker sores, that is, sores in the mouth, which usually appear during teething, may be due to the following reasons:
- A high temperature of the baby can cause the formation of sores in the mouth.
- Injuries to the mouth lead to infections and can cause mouth sores.
- Vitamin deficiencies and malnutrition in the baby can lead to mouth sores.
- Stress can also cause mouth sores in babies.
- Canker sores can also occur due to various viral diseases.
- Food allergies can also cause mouth sores.
- Biting your lip or eating hard foods can cause irritation.
Do mouth sores show symptoms in babies?
Symptoms of mouth sores in babies easy to understand by the mother. Mouth sores, which usually occur on the inside of the cheeks and lips, can also occur on the roof of the mouth. Mouth sores are round and oval in shape. Your symptoms are:
- The sore in the mouth bursts and turns into a sore. During its transformation into a wound, the water spreads through the mouth and causes bad breath.
- In the case of mouth sores, the baby cannot suck milk or consume nutrients.
- Mouth sores are often associated with increased salivation. High fever and loss of appetite are also among the most common symptoms.
- Babies experience irritability and discomfort.
How to treat mouth sores in babies?
Treatment of mouth sores in babies Mouth sores that are not serious are expected to go away on their own. However, if there is a lack of vitamins or different conditions, then it is valuable to take supplements from the doctor. Although natural ways are mostly effective for mouth sores, they are not recommended to be used without a doctor’s recommendation, as some babies are allergic to various foods (such as turmeric or honey). If we talk about canker sores that no longer disappear (if the mouth wound does not heal within ten days), it is absolutely necessary to consult a specialist and the doctor must initiate the most appropriate treatment technique. In cases of vitamin deficiency, support can be started with the recommendation of a doctor.