Causes of elevated TSH in pregnancy It is the mixture of estrogen and human chorionic gonadotropin, in short, HCG hormones secreted in the body during the period of pregnancy, in the blood. When these hormones mix with the blood, a decrease or increase in the level of TSH can be observed. Since the effect of the HCG hormone in the body is similar to that of the TSH hormone, it can increase the thyroid hormone or create an opposite effect, causing the thyroid hormone to be secreted much more or less than it should be.
The treatments applied to lower the TSH level during the pregnancy period are carefully selected and taken in ways that will not endanger the health of the baby. In general, it is possible to lower the TSH level with drug therapy.
Usual TSH values during pregnancy
The usual values of TSH during pregnancy vary according to the three different periods of pregnancy. These costs can be listed on the form below;
- The first, second, and third months of pregnancy are called the first trimester, and values less than 2.5 mIU/L are considered normal in this period.
- The fourth, fifth, and sixth months of pregnancy are called the second trimester, and costs less than 3 mlU/L are considered normal in this period.
- The seventh, eighth, and ninth months of pregnancy are called the third trimester, and values less than 3 mlU/L are considered normal in this period.
What should be the usual costs of HRT during pregnancy?
What are the causes of high TSH during pregnancy?
Pregnancy with elevated TSH It can happen due to different reasons. These reasons can be listed as follows;
- high levels of iodine
- Thyroid enlargement or swelling
- ovarian goiter
- Infections around the thyroid glands
- Discontinuous thyrotoxicosis in pregnancy
- side effects of some medications
TSH elevation during pregnancy
What are the symptoms of high TSH during pregnancy?
During pregnancy Symptoms of elevated TSH they can be listed as follows;
- Shake off
- fatigue and weakness
- excessive sweating
- state of irritability
- Gland that causes pain in the neck