Are you trying to get rid of dandruff? Scroll on to read how coconut oil and onion juice are 2 natural ingredients that can help you get rid of dandruff.
Dandruff is one of the most common scalp conditions that many people have to deal with, especially during the winter months. It is a condition in which skin cells build up and shed. We also feel irritation and itching on the scalp.
However, another cause of dandruff can be a fungus. It makes the skin dry and flaky. It’s not just dry skin that is prone to dandruff, but an oily scalp can also be the cause of white flakes on your head and clothes. This article talks about two natural home remedies, coconut oil and onion juice. Let’s see how they can help and how to use them.
Recipes to relieve dandruff with coconut oil
A published study says that coconut oil can penetrate deeper into the epidermal layers and prevent the scalp from drying out. It is popular for having antimicrobial properties that can also help the skin fight off a minor fungal infection.
How to use coconut oil
Deep Conditioner Recipe
- Apply coconut oil on the scalp and neck.
- Cover your head with a shower cap or warm towel.
- Wait 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with the usual shampoo.
Coconut oil with lemon juice
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and gently massage the head with your fingers.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash your hair with shampoo.
Hot coconut oil massage
- Depending on the volume of your hair, take some coconut oil in a bowl and heat it. The optimum temperature is considered to be 60°C.
- Massage your head with hot oil for about 5-10 minutes.
- Let the oil sit for 20 minutes before washing your head.
Coconut oil with jojoba oil
- Mix equal parts coconut oil and jojoba oil.
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and cover your head with a warm towel.
- Let the oils soak into your skin and hair for 30 minutes and wash your head with a mild shampoo.
Recipes to relieve dandruff with onion juice
Onion juice, like coconut oil, has many properties. It can reduce irritation and inflammation. The antimicrobial properties of onions can help with some minor skin infections, moisturize the scalp, and stimulate hair growth.
How to use onion juice?
Onion juice with lemon juice
- Mix onion juice and lemon juice in a 2:1 ratio.
- Gently massage your scalp to regulate the pH and reduce the presence of bacteria.
- Wash your hair after 20 minutes.
Aloe Vera Onion Juice
- Apply a mixture of onion juice and aloe vera on your hair.
- Allow its anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties to work for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
onion juice and honey
- You can mix onion juice with honey and massage your scalp.
- Wash off with your shampoo after 15 minutes.
Pro Tip: Onion Juice and Coconut Oil
- Add the coconut oil and onion juice in a 2:1 ratio to a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo.